Named for Henry Baldwin, the Borough of Baldwin was incorporated on October 27, 1950, separating from Whitehall Borough and Baldwin Township. The Borough is located in the South Hills of Pittsburgh, County of Allegheny.
According to the United States Census Bureau in 2000, the boroughs population is 19,999, with the average household size being 2.41 persons. With its 5.9 square miles, running from the Monongahela River at the City of Pittsburgh line to South Park Township. We border the boroughs of Pleasant Hills, Whitehall, Brentwood, West Mifflin and Bethel Park. The Borough has 78 miles of roadway, 59 belonging to the Borough, 12 State roads and 7 belonging to Allegheny County.
Baldwin Borough hosts four Volunteer Fire Departments, and a paid Ambulance service.
Baldwin Independent Fire Company No 1. - Station 105 - Established 1929
South Baldwin Volunteer Fire Company - Station 104 - Established 1959
Baldwin EMS - Station 510 - Established 1979
Option Independent Fire Company - Station 107 - Established 19__
Becks Run Independent Fire Company - Station 106 - Established 19__